Monday, February 23

Go Red: Eating Healthy & Loving It!

  As we are nearing the end of Heart Month, what lifestyle changing have you made to ensure you are living heart healthy? I have vowed to limit the amount of processed and fast food that I consume. Being a very busy Mom of 4 makes it quite easy for me to rely on quick (and not so healthy) meal choices. I made a significant change this month. I ate fast food only once this month (pizza) and replaced the chips and soda with fresh fruit & water. My children enjoyed the change! We made homemade tacos (yum!) and baked a cake using applesauce instead of oil (not so yum), but fun none the less. I made pasta dishes with whole grain pasta and loads of fresh veggies, my hubby grilled turkey burgers and salmon & the kids loves snacking on carrots with seasoned greek yogurt.  It has really been a fun month of eating great food that is good for us. On tonight's menu, Black-Eyed Peas and Rotini..The recipe is straight out of the  American Heart Association's 49 Healthy Soul Food Recipes Cookbook. To find some fun heart healthy food ideas visit www.heart.org



No comments:

Post a Comment