Monday, July 6

International Pageant Sisters, D.C & Me!

 Every year when we celebrate Independence Day, I am reminded of what a blessing it is to be a woman living in the United States of America. The fact that that I have the right and freedom to live the life I choose is not lost on me. This is why I make sure that I choose to exercise that right to the best of my ability.
I take this opportunity to thank the brave men and women of our  Armed Forces that have fought and are still fighting for us to keep those rights. 
   I recently had the pleasure of visiting our nation's capitol with some of my International sister queens. Our experience included an exclusive tour of The Pentagon, visited wounded warriors at the Walter Reed Military Medical Center, attended a Marine retirement ceremony, chatted with a World War 2 Veteran at the Marine Corp Museum, and learned the history of Zachary Fisher, founder of the Fisher House, which provides free or low cost lodging to veterans and military families receiving treatment at military medical centers. It was a experience I will never forget and I am so blessed to have been able to share the experience with such awesome people. A special Thank You to Lyss-Acosta Millan of the United States Marine Corp for making it possible!







No comments:

Post a Comment